The winter is upon us, bringing the crisp chill of the night and an opportunity to make unforgettable memories with your date! So if you’ve been looking for winter date ideas, you’re in the right place. Whether your winters are sunny or snowy, we have you covered. Here are 9 fun winter date ideas to spark your relationship this season.
1. Go ice skatingNothing says romance like ice skating with your special someone. There is something truly magical about stepping onto the ice and gliding around hand-in-hand with your date. Whether you’re a seasoned skater or a newbie, it’s a fun and unique way to spend time together. If you’re both beginners, this is a fun time to learn something new. Just remember not to take it too seriously and don’t worry about slip-ups. After all, those make the best stories to laugh about in the future. Get out there and enjoy the magic of ice skating with your date this winter.
2. Take a cooking classHead out to a cooking class with a local chef or, if you prefer to stay in, choose a virtual cooking class from some of the world’s best chefs. Cooking classes are the perfect way to share a collaborative experience, bond over something creative, and savor the delicious results of your labor. Try authentic homemade Italian pasta or, if you’re feeling more adventurous, pick a new and exotic cuisine you’ve never tried before.
3. Go axe throwingAxe throwing is quickly becoming the new favorite activity for adventurous couples looking for a unique way to have fun and bond. After a few practice rounds, you and your date start to get the hang of it. You can see the determination and excitement in each other’s eyes as you both challenge each other to beat your respective records. Axe throwing is a great way to get creative, explore your competitive side, and show your date how much fun you can have together. Plus, who knows, maybe you’ll discover a hidden talent in the process!
4. Try wine tastingIf your winters are mild, visiting a local winery is an excellent way to spend an afternoon with your date. You can stroll through the vineyard, taking in the lush green of the vines, the smell of the grapes, and the sun warming your skin. As you explore the winery, you can learn about the winemaking process and history, while sampling different wines. But if it’s too cold for a trip to a winery, why not bring the experience home by planning a wine-tasting date in your living room instead? Create your own wine-tasting experience and you’ll find yourself immersed in the world of flavors and aromas. With a wine-tasting kit, you can learn about your partner’s preferences and tastes in wine. Choose from a range of reds, rosés, whites, or sparkling and spice things up by designing a theme - from the sun of California to the flavors of France.
5. See a comedy show Did you know that laughter stimulates endorphins? And shared laughter might be a pathway toward developing a more long-lasting relationship! So, this winter, take your date to a great comedy show. It’s a great way to spend quality time with each other while laughing and giggling together. You never know what jokes or scenarios the performers will come up with, so you and your partner can have a great time guessing. You and your partner can have fun while spending quality time together and creating great memories that will last long after the show is over.
6. Plan a romantic movie night Planning a movie night is a great way to enjoy a cozy winter night with your special someone. A movie night allows you to connect with your partner in a comfortable and inviting setting. It’s easy to create the perfect romantic atmosphere for your movie night. Start by dimming the lights and setting up fairy lights or candles. Add cozy blankets, pillows, and maybe even some popcorn to make it extra special. Once the atmosphere is set, all you need to do is pick out the perfect movie, pop some popcorn and enjoy! Creating a romantic movie night is a great way to connect and make special memories.
7. See a playGoing to the theatre can be a thrilling and immersive experience, one that you and your date will remember for years to come. Not only is it a great way to show your appreciation for the arts and culture, but it’s also a great way to create a lasting memory with someone special. From the grandiose decorations to the stimulating atmosphere, the theater is a place of mystery and wonder. This is the perfect opportunity to create special memories with your date.
8. Try a new dessert cafeIf you and your date are looking for a romantic and delicious way to spend an evening together, visiting a new dessert cafe is the perfect option. You can spend quality time with your date while indulging in something flavorful, whether it’s a classic ice cream sundae or a unique waffle creation. Share sweet treats, create memories, and spark conversations about your favorite desserts. It’s a great way to have fun together and explore something new.
9. Watch a hockey gameIf you and your date are hockey enthusiasts, winter is the perfect season to experience the thrill of a live hockey game. If you and your date are looking for something a bit more unique and intimate, you can always consider attending an amateur game at a smaller local arena. This allows you to support your local community and discover local hockey talent in a more relaxed atmosphere. No matter how you choose to experience it, watching a hockey game with your date will be an exciting and memorable experience.
Find Someone Special This WinterThe professional matchmakers at It’s Just Lunch use intuition and your preferences, not algorithms, to curate high-quality matches and arrange fun first dates for singles worldwide. For over 30 years, they’ve set up more than two million first dates and counting. Get in touch with a matchmaker to learn more.
10 Ideas For A Second Date To Keep The Sparks
Well done, you’ve successfully made it past the first date
Age is a Range Not a Number
Whether singles are thinking consciously about it, we all fall into the trap of making assumptions around age.
Dating With Kids: How To Balance Dating With Kids At Home
We get it: dating with kids at home is not easy.